The As The World Churns Family

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Anne is turning 16!

It is so hard to believe that 16 years ago today I was hugely pregnant and one week past my due date with my first baby. The next day Bo and I drove to the hospital for an induction and after 10 hours of labor, including four hours of pushing and a vacuum extractor our sweet little girl entered the world (with a major cone head!). Our dear friend Liz and my Mom were in the room and soon thereafter we were joined by about 8 or 10 more people and we celebrated. I remember being starving and ordering stew from the cafeteria while Bo gave Anne her first bath. They left the baby in the room with us the whole time. Anne was born at 5 in the evening and we left the hospital the next morning at about 10 am. It was like a baby drive through window:)


Now my baby, Anne, is going to get her drivers license!

A few weeks ago Bo and Anne went out shopping for a car and got a new Hyundai Elantra. It is very cute and the color is gorgeous - Candy Apple Pearl. Why a new car? I always hated it when people purchased new cars for their kids. But we decided to go with a new car for a couple of reason: 1) safety features. The newer model cars have airbags... Anne's has front, side and back airbags. 2) maintenance. We are not car people and we don't do a whole lot of routine maintenance, so having a warranty is a good thing. We expect this car to last Anne through college.




I'm scared and excited for Anne to be out driving on her own. Scared for her safety, but excited to have someone to share soccer carpool with:)


It's a rite of passage ... yep, my baby is growing up.





To the right is a picture of Bo loading Anne into her carseat for the trip home from the hospital. Contrary to what you might believe, Bo was not a teenage father. I know he looks about 12, but he was actually 26 years old at the time!
















Here's a picture of the two of them now - Fun times!

1 comment:

Ann said...

Happy Birthday Anne! We love you and I can't wait for you to give me a ride in your new car!