The As The World Churns Family

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Happy Hump Day!

If you know me, or have read my other posts, you probably know that I am generally a very happy person. Soooo, in celebration on hump day, I am going to blog about happiness every Wednesday for awhile.

Right now I am big on the idea of "what you think about comes about". What I mean by that is that a big part of being happy means disregarding negativity and choosing to see the light. In other words, viewing the glass as half full.

Here's part of an article in this months Ladies Home Journal Magazine that I just loved:

"One evening a Cherokee elder told his granson about the battle that goes on inside people's heads. He said, "My son, the battle is between the two 'wolves' that live inside us all. One is unhappiness. It is fear, worry, anger, jealousy, sorrow, self-pity, resentment and inferiority. The other is Happiness. It is joy, love, hope, serenity, kindness, generosity, truth and compassion."

The granson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf wins?"

The old cherokee simply replied,





"The one you feed"






Feed your spirit today and notice everything good that happens to you: anything that you see, feel, taste, hear or smell that brings pleasure. Happy Hump Day! I am off the Oregon for a weekend with my parents and my three sisters in celebration of my Mom's 70th birthday. I can't wait! I imagine there will be plenty of food for the good wolf this weekend:)

No comments: