The As The World Churns Family

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Inspiring!

LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo&eurl=http://www.parade.com/articles/editions/2008/edition_04-06-2008/1My_Last_Lecture

A few months ago on Oprah.... oh goodness I hate it when I say that. For some reason it makes it sound like all I do is sit on the couch eating bon bons and watching Oprah. Wouldn't that be fun?



I did go through a stage where I DVR'd Oprah everyday and then watched the ones that interested me..... I've gotten away from it and I think I miss it. I consider Oprah one of the great spiritual leaders of our time. She inspires millions in a completely non-denominational "church" called lead your best life, constantly try to improve yourself and learn, pay it forward by helping others, and be grateful for all the blessings in your life. Someday I want to see the Oprah Show or meet her. It is definitely "on my list".



(When my girlfriends and I were in Chicago last year, we stalked the Harpo Studio offices and we did get to meet her make-up artist Reggie..... but I don't think that really counts as meeting Oprah.)



There was a guest on her show back then named Randy Pausch and if you have been living in a cave and haven't seen his "last lecture", go to http://www.parade.com/ or copy and paste the link at the begining of this post. See the lecture on their U-Tube link, read the follow up article that appeared in last Sunday's Parade magazine, and then watch ABC tonight for a show about him. I promise it will inspire you.

No comments: