The As The World Churns Family

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Update on the Lifestyle Coach

It is late and I am tired. I decided to rearrange my bedroom, and that led to a trip for a new bed-in-a-bag (well, not actually a bed, but rather bedding) that needed to be ironed. Then I decided to dump out all the clothes in the drawers, yada yada yada. So I may be up really late. But am I working on that? Oh no! Instead I decided to come take a quick peek at my email and now here I am posting on my blog!

I just wanted to give a quick update on how it is going with my Lifestyle Coach, Fran. It seems that everyone is asking me what she does, how it is going, etc. Nothing like a little public pressure when you are trying to lose weight!

I am happy to report that it is going very well. Like most people, when I am good and fed up with something, and I set my mind to change it, it really does happen. My Coach Fran is great. She told me yesterday that she has a Masters Degree in Psychology, so maybe she can be a one stop therapy shop next time I crack up (kidding!) Anyhow, it all basically comes down to eating fewer calories and getting more exercise. There really is no magic to it. It is pure science really. You need to deficit 3,500 calories in order to lose one pound of fat. I have apparently deficited over 35,000 calories in the last month, I am proud to report. So I have lost 10 pounds! I can feel the difference in my clothes, but I still have a ways to go.

Fran is teaching me all about how to count calories (without needing a book), what my calorie intake should be to maintain certain weights, how much credit to give myself for exercise, and how to keep from feeling hungry. Suprisingly she is not the rah rah cheerleader coach type person that you would expect from a "coach". She is full of information and I always have a full hour of questions and learning from her each week. I like having someone to be accountable to each week. Someone who answers all my calorie and nutrition questions via email.

So thanks for asking.... it is going well. I am not too hungry and I feel great about my progress so far.

No comments: