The As The World Churns Family

Monday, February 4, 2008

Ellis the Great!

Note to self: sarcasm doesn't come across well on email/blog. I just started to blog and in the email to introduce the blog to family and friends I joked about how low my self-esteem is. I blamed it on my amazing sisters and parents giving me a complex.

I was "flooded" ( ok, a couple of people) with people telling me that I shouldn't feel bad about myself or pumping me up. I appreciate all the kind comments.

But really, don't worry about me. And NO. I never went to therapy for self-esteem issues.

I can see that my blog is going to have to hire a legal team to handle all of my disclaimers and reprints - wow.

Actually, my self esteem is fine. I am not being sarcastic when I say that I am a pretty amazing woman! Ellis the Amazing! One friend even reminded me that at Girl Scout camp about 8 years ago I was called SPIDERMOM for my ability to climb the rock wall and challenge course so quickly- I really am Great!

Uh-oh.... now I sound stuck up. Truly, I know I have faults and am definitely on a self-improvement plan at all times, but I filled out alot of those "I am good at:_____________________" forms when I was a kid. I STILL take pride in knowing that I was a great gymnast as a child.

Funny story: When I was in 7th or 8th grade, I had a really high IQ, according to the school counselors IQ test. That was before I chewed on lead pencils and lost all my brains (Blog Jolk Legal disclaimer: Ellis does not advocate the use of lead pencil chewing, does not endorse it for use as a medicinal, recreational or therapeutic purpose, .........see legal attachment 4A for rest of disclaimer....)

ANYWHOOO. My Mom and Dad sent me to a camp at the University of Oregon. They told me they were sending me to smart camp - a camp for talented and gifted kids. My roomates name was Regina..... weird chick.....(ADD moment - now I am back) Well boy--did I get an education at that camp!!!! I took ballet and the instructor lady didn't believe in shaving or deodorant - a real UofO granola woman. Let me tell you, hairy ballet instructor in pink tights and a short-sleeved pink leotard is NOT pretty.

I did have some great poetry published in the camp book (which I still have somewhere) and did discover a love of writing at the camp. Otherwise, I had 3 really fun weeks on a college campus discovering life outside of my small town rural environment. I also learned that there were alot of 7th and 8th grade kids who were ALOT more talented and gifted than I was.

Maybe that is why I suffer self esteem issues(see disclaimer below)


(Legal sarcasm disclaimer: Blogger Ellis does not claim nor intentionally unintentionally or otherwise mean to imply that all TAG camps lead to low self esteem issues in adults. Any information taken from this blog are the express opinions of the author and are not meant to provide guilt to the bloggers parents for sending poor innocent Ellis to the aforeto mentioned camp, thereby possibly incurring some type of long-term psychological damage to her or possibly leading her to chew incessently on lead ..... continued in blog legal disclaimer attachment 2B and filed in the Circuit Court of Umatilla County this day of 2/4/08)

No comments: