The As The World Churns Family

Monday, March 3, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy!!!!




Wow, what a weekend! Friday was Marshall's birthday party and it was very special because he was born on 2/29/2000 - Leap Day. So this is only the second time that he has had an actual "day". We had a very special family dinner on Thursday night - steak with lots of sauces (A-1, Heinz 57, etc.), and mashed potatoes and gravy - his favorite meal. Then we did our tradition of going around the table and everyone saying what they like/appreciate about Marshall. Everyone was very sweet and Marshall glowed at the compliments. Then we opened the family presents and cards from afar.

The next day we had a classroom celebration and then that afternoon seven little boys decended on the house and we headed to a Lazer Tag arena. It is a 10,000 square foot, multi-level facility. We all played, including Bo and I It was a workout! Three 20-minute sessions - so much fun!!

The next morning the girls and I and some other girls in their troop went down into Austin for this Health Spa event for girl scouts. They made homemade beauty treatments, vegan food (yucky), did Yoga, took a nature walk and make sachet bath salts. It was fun and interesting and Anne said afterward, "that was really granola - even for me!". It was very granola, which is actually refreshing in Texas! I felt like I was back in Oregon.... I should have dug out my Birckenstocks:)

Marshall had soccer and soccer pictures and then it was time for the Mike and Yvonne's baby shower, which Bo and I hosted with another couple, Rick and Kellie. Luckily Kellie offered to have the shower at her newly renovated/remodeled house. It was a wonderful event! A couples shower with dinner and drinks for 35 people, very classy. I made blue martinis (Babytinis 'cause their having a boy) and we served a lasagna dinner. Because Mike and Yvonne are 40+, we had to razz them a little bit about the later in life pregnancy (which they have wanted for a long time)...... in one of the pictures above, Yvonne models the stroller that we gave her. It has a joke senior citizens walker attached to the back. They recieved many wonderful gifts and good wishes and we all promised to come out of the retirement home to see their child's high school graduation:)

Now I am busy getting ready. Ready for company and ready for vaction. I am super excited - my Mom and Dad are coming to visit tommorrow! It doesn't matter how old I get, I still always look forward to spending time with my parents. I truly am so lucky to be their kid and enjoy hanging out with them. The in-laws are coming a few days later and then we are heading on a Spring Break cruise all together - I can't wait!

No comments: