The As The World Churns Family

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Dresses for Ethiopia


Hi there - it's the negligent blogger here. My 15 year old was telling me that I hadn't blogged for awhile and I said "Well, I've been really busy!". She then told me that my sister was blogging up a storm and she has more than twice as many kids as I do and is obviously SUPER busy..... so I guess I have no (valid) excuse.

I thought I would show you the dresses that I sewed for my little sister Nicole. She is in the process of adopting a baby girl from Ethiopia and set a goal to take 100 hand-made dresses to the orphanage. People told Nicole that perhaps she should set a more reasonable goal or make an easier dress. But my sister is determined! She set her mind to reach her goal and now she is nearly there. You can always get an adoption or dress update on her blog The Coy Pond (linked at the beginning of my blog)

I made these 10 dresses and mailed them to Nicole as a surprise - she was thrilled!

No comments: