The As The World Churns Family

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Camping Out

We are camping out! Not in the woods.... no,we are camping out in our own house!

I decided that I couldn't stand the kitchen anymore and that it really needed updating. One day during a weak moment, I told Bo my plans and he said "go ahead and pull the trigger." So I pretty much got out the shotgun and blew everything up. Two weeks ago we got the ball rolling and now we are "roughing it". The microwave and fridge are in the family room as well as the table. We are living off of paper plates and cups and cooking with the microwave and the grill until everything wraps up (hopefully next week).

I love that saying that "All who wander are not lost", but baby I'm lost. Sometimes people say that I live in my own little world, and I am ok with that - they know me there.

So I'm wandering....I'm looking for my happy place and I am having trouble finding it.

The kitchen is taped off like E.T.

I have a terrible headache - maybe it is the paint thinner? Maybe we should open a window? Can't do that - it's 90 degrees outside!




Everything in the cupboards had to come OUT - what a bunch of junk!


ET Phone HOME!!!!!!!



Above: Our "campfire cookstove"

No comments: